Do You Have Flooding from Storm Damage in Madison, WI?
SERVPRO® of Dane County West is Here To Help® (608) 497-3331!
The SERVPRO Storm Response Team, with thousands of crews throughout the US, wants the public to know the first several days after the disaster are critical to preventing unnecessary secondary damages.
Consider the following steps you can take now to help minimise additional damage to your home, business, and possessions:
If the water is considered “clean” water – if it is not groundwater or sewage backup – follow these steps:
- Once the authorities have said it is safe to enter your home or business, ensure your electricity is turned off before entering the flooded structure.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and pillow cushions for drying.
- Place aluminium foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove any valuable paintings and art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
If the water has entered the structure through the flooding of a creek, stream, or river, or if it has filtered through insulation during its intrusion, it is considered to be contaminated, Category 3 black water, and could be hazardous to your health.
For this type of damage, avoid contact with contaminated items as much as possible. Take the greatest caution while entering your home, wear sturdy shoes and protective clothing when dealing with flooded areas, through away all foods – even canned goods – that have come into contact with floodwaters.
“The first 24 hours after a water damage or flood are just so crucial to keeping final costs of the damage down,” said Don Turner, SERVPRO Storm Response Team Manager. “A lot of flood situations require professional equipment and knowledge of the science of drying to mitigate, but we want homeowners to know the steps they can take to help minimise damage until the professionals arrive.”
Whether it be a flood, tornado, hurricane, or blizzard, SERVPRO® Disaster Recovery Team is Here To Help®. Available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.
Have A Storm or Water Damage Emergency? Call SERVPRO of Dane County West (608) 497-3331
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- IICRC Certified Firm
- A+ rating from the BBB (Better Business Bureau).
- Angie's List certified with an A-rated reputation
- 5-Star Google and Facebook rankings.
- We work with your insurance to help manage the insurance process and paperwork for a stress-free claims process.
- General Contractor License #: 1317784