The Fire Damage Process - When Fire Damage Takes Control of Your Life, We Help You Take It Back
When Fire Damage Takes Control of Your Life, We Help You Take It Back
Fire damage restoration is a multi-step process that often includes water damage removal and cleanup from the firefighters who extinguished the fire to removing smoke odors, soot debris, and finally, complete property restoration. The restoration and rebuild process and time frame depends on the severity and spread of the fire and whether there is structural damage or not.
Fire damage cleanup will initially involve removing any standing water from extinguishing the fire out, mitigating the secondary water damage, and removing debris. Once the business or home is deemed safe by the appropriate officials, the fire damage restoration process of removing, replacing, or restoring soot and smoke damaged materials and eliminating smoke odor can begin.
The fire restoration process can be quite involved and emotionally overwhelming for the home or business owner. To ease the overwhelming nature of any catastrophic event, it’s important to work with an IICRC Certified restoration company with extensive training, knowledge, and years of experience like SERVPRO of Dane County West. We are Here to Help™ and will assist you in every step of the cleanup, restoration, and rebuild process.
Every fire damage event is slightly different and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the "typical" fire damage emergency.
- Step 1: Emergency Contact. The restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask questions regarding the fire damage event to respond immediately with the appropriate equipment and resources.
- Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment. We carefully inspect and test your property's adjoining rooms to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action.
- Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service. Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and protect against further damage, we can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
- Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present). The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. We then use dehumidifiers and air movers to complete the drying process.
- Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces. We use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
- Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing. We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and structures damaged by the fire. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire conditions. We're also trained to remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
- Step 7: Restoration. Restoration is the final step—getting your home or business to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet. It may entail major repairs, such as reconstructing various areas or rooms in a home or business. We have a dedicated reconstruction/rebuild team to work with you on making your house or business a home again. General Contractor License #1317784
SERVPRO of Dane County West Professionals understands the trauma that follows a fire loss. When fire damage takes control of your life, we help you take it back.