How Can Technology Make it Easier to Inventory My Dane County, WI Home?
In the event of a fire or other disaster, would you be able to remember all your possessions? An up-to-date home inventory will help you settle your insurance claim faster. Here's how to create one.
A simple pencil and paper will suffice, but technology can make it easier to inventory your home by using the following tools:
- Create a photo record of your belongings capturing important individual items as well as entire rooms, closets, or drawers.
- Walk through your house or apartment videotaping and describing the contents.
- Smartphone apps for home inventory management.
- Cloud-based storage services (such as Google Drive, Dropbox).
- Barcode scanners or QR code readers to quickly input item information.
- Smart home devices (such as Amazon Alexa, Google Home) to automatically track items.
- Home security cameras to capture video footage of the interior.
- Automated inventory management software.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today at (608) 497-3331