Never Too Late to Prepare Your Dane County, WI, Property for Winter!
#winterize #frozenpipe #waterrestoration #watermitigation #floodedbasement #waterextraction #24houremergencyservice #rebuild #restoration
Winter is just setting in and the really bitter and dangerous cold is just around the corner. Taking steps to prepare your business or home for serious cold will take the sting out of winter weather now.
Tips for Preparing Your Home for Winter Weather
- Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells. This allows warm air to circulate around pipes.
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets, especially if the pipes for faucets run through unheated or uninsulated areas of your home.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Find the shut-off valve in the basement or crawl space and turn it to off.
- If you follow the previous step, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris accumulate, causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
- Proper maintenance of your furnace can help reduce the risk of puffbacks.
When winter strikes, call SERVPRO of Dane County West to strike back.
24/7 Emergency Services, #608-497-3331