Plan for a Fire-Free Fall in Madison, WI
Keep Madison, Wisconsin Fire-Free this Fall
The Fall season brings cooler temperatures, beautiful colors, and an abundance of outdoor activities. Plan this season to help ensure it is safe and fire-free.
- Fall decorations, like dried flowers and cornstalks, are highly flammable. Keep these and other decorations away from open flames and heat sources, including light bulbs and heaters.
- Keep emergency exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes.
- Teach children to stay away from open flames. Be sure they know how to stop, drop, and roll if their clothing catches fire.
- Remember safety first when choosing a Halloween costume. Consider avoiding billowing fabric. If you are making your costume, choose a material that won’t easily ignite if it comes into contact with heat or a flame.
- It is safest to use a flashlight or battery-operated candle in a jack-o-lantern. Use extreme caution if using a real candle. Place lit pumpkins away from anything that can burn and out of the way of doorsteps, walkways, and yards.
Should you experience a fire, water, smoke, or soot damage, we’re fire and water damage specialists in the Dane County, Madison, WI area.
We specialize in fire and water damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have extensive fire damage cleanup and restoration training to get your property back to pre-fire condition.
- SERVPRO of Dane County West is an IICRC Certified Firm including technicians certified in the following:
- Fire & Smoke Restoration
- Odor Control
- Water Damage Restoration
- Applied Structural Drying
- Mold remediation
- In addition to IICRC Certifications, we have licensed General Contractors specializing in rebuilding water or fire damaged homes back to their preloss condition. General Contractor License #1317784
The best way to protect your family’s safety from a home fire is to teach all family members about fire prevention.
The three Ps of safety is a plan provided by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the US Fire Administration.
The Three Ps of Fire Prevention Are:
- Prepare – This step focuses on reducing the risk of fire damage situations.
- Practice – This step covers conducting fire drills and overall fire safety habits
- Prevent – This final step includes teaching your family about getting out safely
Have Water Damage, Fire Damage, Smoke Damage or Soot Damage? Call SERVPRO of Dane County West Today – (608) 497-3331
Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your life and quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- General Contractor License #: 1317784
- IICRC Certified Firm
- For a stress-free claims process, SERVPRO works with your insurance to manage the insurance process and paperwork.