Water Damage Cleanup in Madison, Wisconsin
Water Damage Restoration Process Near You
When your Madison home or commercial property has water damage from flooding or leaks, SERVPRO of Dane County West has the expertise and equipment to properly restore your property. Our experience and scientific approach to water removal and water cleanup enable us to properly dry and restore your property.
Every water damage event is a little different and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same.
Step 1 - Emergency Contact
The restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will guide you through the crisis and may ask several questions to help us better understand the equipment and resources. 24/7/365 #608-497-3331
Step 2 - Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
We determine the scope of your water damage at this stage. We inspect and test to determine the extent of damage and how far the moisture has traveled to ensure proper and complete restoration.
Proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing the damage expense during a fire or water loss. When time matters, technology and equipment must be counted on to perform. Your SERVPRO of Dane County West Professionals will answer your call with rapid action and a full arsenal of drying equipment.
Here are a few tools used by SERVPRO of Dane County West Professionals for Water Damage Assessment:
- Moisture Sensors are used to detect moisture in carpets, baseboards, and walls.
- Moisture Meters are used to determine the actual moisture content of various materials. The moisture tester provides accurate readings, allowing SERVPRO of East Baton Rouge professionals to monitor drying process.
- Thermohygrometers measure temperature and relative humidity. When armed with this information, SERVPRO of East Baton Rouge professionals can calculate and create an environment most conducive to drying. When facing a contaminated water loss, it is not only important to dry the structure, but the structure must also be disinfected and often deodorized.
- Ultra Low-Volume (ULV) Foggers will atomize liquid deodorizing agents, producing a fine mist that can easily penetrate the site where odor-causing residues may accumulate. This device can also be used to inject fungicides and disinfectants into wall cavities and other hard-to-reach areas.
- Thermal Foggers dispense solvent-based products by creating a dense fog. The fog consists of tiny particles of deodorant solution that attach to and neutralize odor-causing particles.
Step 3 - Water Removal / Water Extraction
The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. We use powerful pumps and vacuum units to quickly remove hundreds or thousands of gallons from your property, which helps prevent secondary water damage and mold growth.
SERVPRO of Dane County West's highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, they may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry high-volume Extractors, like the one shown in this picture. This step helps to reduce drying time and helps to prevent mold and secondary water damage.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry High-Volume Extractors (HVE) can be portable or truck-mounted. The former can be taken into the building and allows access to hard-to-reach areas, but the latter is more powerful and has its own power sources. Truck-mounted extractors are designed for both restorative cleaning and water removal in a water damage scenario.
- At SERVPRO, we have a team of highly trained, IICRC-certified technicians who can relieve you of that stress.
Step 4 - Drying and Dehumidification
We use specialized equipment to remove the remaining water that is harder to access. Our Professionals will use room measurements, temperature, and relative humidity to determine the optimal number of air movers and dehumidifiers needed to dry your home or business.
SERVPRO of Dane County West Professionals will use room measurements, temperature, and relative humidity to determine the optimal number of air movers and dehumidifiers to dry your home or business. We’ll carefully monitor the progress using moisture meters until the materials return to acceptable drying goals.
Advanced Industry-Standard Drying Equipment
- Industrial-grade dehumidifiers help prevent secondary water damage like swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture. The industrial-grade dehumidifiers SERVPRO of Dane County Uses can remove hundreds of pints of water per day depending on the room’s relative humidity.
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
- High-speed air movers create airflow across walls, carpets, pads, and furniture, which cause moisture to evaporate at a faster pace.
Step 5 - Cleaning and Sanitizing
We clean all of the restorable items and structures damaged by the water. We are adept at cleaning contents using a number of techniques. Our professionals are trained to provide sanitizing treatments and to remove odors and deodorize your property.
Step 6 - Restoration
Restoration is the process of restoring your home or business to its pre-water damage condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall and installing new carpet, or may entail major repairs, such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
After protecting and securing the structure, professionals at SERVPRO of Dane County West can begin the restoration process. Your home or business may need reconstruction work to get your property back to its preloss condition.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Dane County West can simplify the restoration process by handling both the initial damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas. Having one qualified company for the entire process can save time and keeps costs low.
SERVPRO of Dane County West can provide this continuity by supervising a full range of restoration services that will bring a building back to full functionality.
- Carpet Repair and Installation
- Document Drying
- Dry Cleaning
- Drywall Installation
- Drywall Removal
- Electronics Restoration
- General Contracting
- Move Out
- Portable Power
- Tile Floor Repair
General Contractor License #: 1317784
SERVPRO Water Damage Repair and Restoration
SERVPRO of Dane County West can help manage the insurance paperwork and process for a stress-free claims process.
We are an IICRC Certified Firm. 5-Star Google and Facebook Ratings. A+ BBB Rating. Independently owned and operated in the Madison, WI, Dane County area.