We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Dane County West is an IICRC Certified Firm
IICRC stands for the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification. It is a certification program and standards to facilitate the inspection, cleaning, and restoration industries. These strict standards protect not only the interests of consumers but also compliant restoration industry companies.
How do Restoration Companies Qualify for IICRC Certified Firm Status?:
There are several steps that restoration companies must take to qualify for IICRC-Certified status to prove that they are both trustworthy and reliable. Those include:
Proof of insurance.
- Insurance is a necessary part of the operation for all businesses to ensure that the customer, property, and team are properly protected.
- An IICRC-certified business must provide proof of insurance and maintain that protection throughout its operating period. This includes retaining and sharing all documentation that relates to insurance coverage, as necessary. If a customer or IICRC representative requests proof, the business must provide it.
- Because every IICRC-certified company must provide proof of insurance, customers know coverage is not a concern in the event of an unforeseen accident.
Proper documentation that shows the education and training requirements for certification have been met by all technicians.
- An IICRC Certified Firm must offer continuous training for employees and technicians, so they maintain their credentials. This allows our SERVPRO of Dane County West employees to stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and procedures for fire, water, mold, and biohazard mitigation and restoration.
- This also includes keeping them employed in the field, constantly earning experience, in addition to the course work required to earn a particular certification.
- At SERVPRO of Dane County West, we are IICRC Certified in the following:
- Water Restoration
- Applied Structural Drying
- Fire & Smoke Restoration
- Trauma & Crime Scene
- Restoration Consultants Mold Remediation (Restoration Consultants is an IICRC approved school that work with IICRC to help develop industry-wide standards for water damage and mold remediation)
- General Contractor License #1317784
Adhere to the IICRC’s Code of Ethics.
- An IICRC restoration company must also adhere to a strict set of codes set by the IICRC to maintain its certified status. These are often referred to as ANSI or IICRC standards, and they explicitly set the standard state of care which professionals in the industry should give.
The rigid standards of the IICRC are developed by the industry’s top professionals and evolve as necessary with new information and technology. IICRC certifications are considered the “gold standard” in the restoration industry. By maintaining consistent standards and expectations, IICRC-certified firms protect all parties involved in a related job. It ensures the professionals doing the work have the proper training and safety knowledge. It also ensures they meet other requirements that protect the business and the customer, such as carrying the proper insurance.
The IICRC standards and codes adhered to by the community of the inspection, cleaning, and restoration professionals have power because they require strict adherence and are constantly updated by professionals working within the industry. These standards keep both professionals and consumers in these industries safe.
SERVPRO of Dane County West is not only an IICRC Certified Firm but also has a BBB A+ rating, 5 star Google and Facebook ratings, and we're available for fire and water emergencies 24/7.